This is a challenging two-day class that focuses on the role of the Scrum Master. Professional Scrum Master II is not a paint-by-numbers agile training as the course explores many of the challenges and ambiguities a Scrum Master may encounter and how they can respond.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Professional Scrum Master II™(PSM II) is an advanced course designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. The 2-day class helps students to understand how to be an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader. The class dives deep into how Scrum Masters serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner, and the organisation.
Students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master. Such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating the conditions for agility to thrive. Students will also explore related practices and skills which will enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources, and more.
Students are challenged to think within the Scrum framework, the underlying principles and values, and how they help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make. Students will also explore what practices, tools, skills, and techniques make an effective Scrum Master.
Understand what the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective.
Explore how to help change the environment, making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility.
Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organisation in support of their Scrum Teams.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
- The online PSM II assessment fee is included with this course. Plus a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognised PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
- 2 full days of training with a Professional Scrum Trainer and highly experienced practitioner.
- 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) class.
- Lunch and light refreshments (morning tea, afternoon tea, and coffee) for face to face training.
- Effects on the organisation of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with complexity and servant leadership
- Dealing with team conflict
- Removing impediments
- Facilitation techniques
- The Importance of a "Done" Increment
- The Sprint Goal
- Refresh the purpose of the Scrum Events
- The role of management in Scrum
- Successful product delivery
- Measurement in Scrum
- How to support the Product Owner
- Understanding the challenges of middle management
- Scrum Master as a change agent
About the Trainer
Lachlan has worked in the Australian software industry for over 20 years across many different sectors and in roles from development to management. He started using Scrum over 15 years ago and has worked in delivery and on several major and many small Agile change programs in Australia. Lachlan uses his experiences in his training sessions to give everyone some real examples of the successes and challenges that come with Agile.
His curiosity into how and why Scrum works has lead him to complete many certifications and years of university study. He is researching modern team leadership for a PhD at the University of Newcastle and has written a book on Scrum with many international gurus including two of the founders of the framework. In his spare time, he helps out with the Agile Australia conference.